50! ?

It’s my birthday today and I’m FIFTY years old! How did that happen?

13210154615_4c5afddd0c_c

Well no matter. Here I am, still hanging in there, learning something new everyday. I have so much to be thankful for, including family and friends, a strong and healthy body, a wonderful studio and work environment, enough money to meet my needs, a great day job, an amazing supportive community of fellow artists and quilt makers, an opportunity to share my craft with you through my blog and this crazy book I’ve been working on for the last year. Wow!

13210497674_eb47f69b10_c

Anyway I just wanted to say thank you. I promise to get back to blogging more once I’ve turned my manuscript to the publishers in mid-May.

Spring blessings all around!

13311300693_717ae86e5d_o

“Getting older is one of the best things that can happen to a person……see how lucky you’re becoming?” ~ from my friend Dan

This entry was posted in Blogging, Community, Personal Heritage and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to 50! ?

1. Susannah says:

Happy Belated Birthday! You are timeless…

I’m late with this so why don’t we just make it Happy Birthday WEEK! Love and luck and happiness for all the year(s) to come! And thanks for being such a beautiful poster girl for us 50-somethings!

Happy birthday Sherri Lynn! I hope you enjoyed your special day! I am still busy working on my pieces. I will post them tomorrow the 25th.

4. Maria Shell says:

Happy Birthday Sherri Lynn! May it be the beginning to a wonderful year.

5. Felicitas says:

Happy belated birthday! May all your wishes come true and your new book become a great success.
    Greetings fromGermany.
    Felicitas

6. serenapotter says:

happy belated birthday. i think 50 is awesome! you go girl!

7. Isabelle says:

Félicitations et Joyeux Anniversaire, Dear Sherri ! You are a beautiful 50 years young lady and a wonderful artist I am so happy to have “met”. Thanks for all you share.

8. Lynda M O says:

Happy Happy Dear Sherri. The fifties are our best decade I heard from so many women as I approached my fiftieth. They are right–the best is waiting for you, my dear artist. Times for new expressions and renewal of tenets and morals; these are our most productive years. Welcome to the age of new life in and of yourself.

Thank you Lynda! I’m thrilled to be a part of the 50’s club. I’ve heard that too and it feels like it must be true. I’m curious about what’s next!

9. Happiest Birthday to you Sherri! 40’s were great but 50’s are even better! Bring it on! :) -s

10. Nancy says:

Happy birthday, sweet lovely girl…. I have never met you, but by what I know of you, I would want to be your friend.. I would want to bring you french market bags full of lilacs….
    so I will do that in my mind..
    Nance

11. Stephanie says:

Happy Birthday, Sherri Lynn. (I’m still befuddled over how I got to be 50… six years ago.) Love Dan’s comment, hope you have a fabulous, lucky year/decade/howeverlong.

12. Laura M says:

My gosh woman, you look amazing! Don’t feel bad about turning 50, try getting very close to 60! How that happened I have no idea, and my oldest is turning 38, Yikes! I’m still 30 in my brain. Happy birthday!!!!

Wow – well I’m next in ten more years. A friend asked me how old I was in my brain at my 50th birthday party and I said 80! Not sure exactly if that is true ;)

13. Gwen says:

How beautiful you are! Have a perfect joyfilled day. All the best, my dear. Much love, Gwen and Scott

14. LeeAnn says:

Happy birthday, Sherri Lynn! Looks like an exciting year ahead. You already have the gratitude. Who needs anything else?

15. Brenda says:

Happy Birthday! I admit it was a bit of a shock to turn an age that begins with 5, but I promise you, it’s great! I hope you have a great celebration.

16. Jenny says:

birthday blessings to you!

17. Happy Birthday! Celebrating another birthday is always a blessing! Wishing health and happiness and many more birthdays. And we are blessed that you are sharing your art with us.

18. Susan K says:

Happy Birthday Sherri! Beautiful picture. Looking forward to your book!

19. Diana says:

p.s….you don’t look to be 50!!

20. Diana says:

Buon compleanno Sherri!!happy birthday to you dear Sherri,i think you are a very kind person and i think you will have more love stories in your life(i have just read about your last year valentine)my friend married at 60 and she is very happy now..anyway you are a very wonderful woman and artist that inspired me on this year,so i think after the book will be ready i will do a little gift handmade from Italy(perhaps you will come in Italy for your 50??)ciaooooo

21. Brenda says:

Happy Birthday! 50 is the new…hmmm, 30?! That must make me 30-something. Ha!

22. Betsy says:

Happy happy birthday! And hooray for enjoying the process of aging and letting it be as beautiful as it is meant to be!

Thank you Betsy. Aging feels like a new frontier to explore. My sense is that it may be like a hidden reality that co-exexists in the midst of our youth focused culture. Like a Brigadoon full of riches that appears to people who are ready and open to its unfolding.

23. Happy Birthday, Sherri Lynn…..it’s my birthday as well today. I love having a Spring birthday but I’m wondering how it’s possible that I turned 61. Fifty sounds pretty young to me!! Have a wonderful day!!!

24. Upstatelisa says:

Happy birthday! Enjoy! (It’s my baby’s 15th birthday today too!)

25. Kim McPeake says: