Summer Schedule

It’s the first day of summer and I’m on a new schedule. In preparation for the change of seasons I actually paid a professional to clean my entire apartment/studio. My sparkling workspace is ready to be utilized to its capacity.

Today I’m continuing my readiness theme by pre-washing lots of new solids and vintage prints. I’m washing them in batches from dark to light. This rainbow of fabric reminds me of the lengthening and shortening of days.

Guess what? I’m planning on making a whole bunch of new quilts this summer. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are my creative workdays. My plan is to rise and be ready to quilt from 7:30 AM-7:30 PM during the long summer hours.

Yes I have big plans. You may have noticed that I have slowed down my blogging schedule to once a week or so in order to get in more hands-on studio time. There is a reason for all of this, but I’m holding off on my official announcement until the paper work is signed, sealed, and delivered. More details soon!

What’s on your summer agenda?

May we all have a wonderful Summer Solstice and a season full of fun, community, and creativity.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Color Palettes, My Creative Process and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Summer Schedule

1. Isabelle says:

I look forward to hearing the big news, please tell us soon !
    I love your rainbow fabrics. My quilting plans are a bit slowed down because of some pain in my hands, I cannot sew/quilt by hand as much as I used to. And yet two projects are on my mind, one almost finished (Rust) for a friend who creates art only with rusty pieces of metal. Another one will be my own version of a small painting I received (river landscape). Summer reading is always there too as well as spending some time in the Alps (family, friends). One day at a time, as Sonia says.

Happy Summer, dear Sherry Lynn.

2. Nancy L says:

hmmm.. I am betting on a book.. and I will look forward to buying that book for myself and all my friends..!

My big plans for the summer – get the family xmas quilt quilted, make two birthday quilts, spend time helping out as part of my nephew’s crew for his band, get the flower beds in order, and get the painting done so I can get my floor refinished. Can’t wait to hear about your big news!

4. Lynda M O says:

Summer includes kid-sized quilts for my Littles who all have summer birthdays; fewer babysitting hours with more naps alone for me; time to grow my new relationship as we tend our vegetable patches, eat what we grow and svelte our figures for the sake of our health. New designs for quilts have me branching out creatively-always fun. I began a weaving course at Richmond Art Center very recently so I have nine weeks of warp, weft and learning new skills and terminology to look forward to. There will be new people to get to know there as well.

Anticipating your news….

5. Susan K says:

Can’t wait for the big announcement! I get most of my sewing done on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have commitments on Tuesdays and Thursdays that keep me from the machine. Saturdays and Sundays are maybe days. It sure messes with my mind when I don’t get to my machine.

6. Sonia says:

I just received 3 yards of focus fabric for a quilt that I am dying to get to. Blues, greens and violet. All nice summer shades. The summer includes vacationing at the lake, swim lessons for the boys and hanging out at the pool, gardening and getting the boys’ bedrooms painted and ready for the school year. I also have a stack of books to read and canvases I want to paint. Big plans!!! One stitch, one day, at a time! Enjoy!

7. Brenda says:

hmmmm, maybe a book? whatever it is, I like your idea of dedicated creative days. I make time for other important stuff in my life, why not creativity?

8. Evonne says:

What a lovely plan for the summer! Can’t wait to hear your news ….