Arriving at QuiltCon

Waiting to board the plane from Oakland to Austin I met five people on their way to QuiltCon. There were even more quilters at the luggage pickup and more at the Super Shuttle. We are multiplying. I’ve been meeting people right and left and everyone is so happy and excited to be here. Including me!

The organizers have pre-sold over 1500 passes. I am so impressed by these organizers and at how organized they are!

Look at all the goodies that came in my QuiltCon goody bag! This thing weighs a ton! It’s filled with freebies like thread, zippers, tailor’s chalk, seam riper, ceramic hot cup, magazines, fabric and more. Wow!

I had a fantastic meal of stuffed trout and a bottle of wine with my friend Bunnie. At the restaurant we met several more QuiltCon quilters.

Now I’m back at my hotel room. It is so so nice. As soon as this posts I will be snuggling into my king size fluffy bed for a good night’s sleep.

I’m teaching my first class bright and early at 9am.

I’m very happy.

This entry was posted in Community, The Modern Quilt and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Arriving at QuiltCon

1. The goodie bag was fantastic! I actually mailed it home because it was so heavy! I had no idea there would be so much fantastic schwag!

2. selfsewn says:

OOh I’d love to hear more!

I wish I would have made plans to come! I feel like I am really missing out. Thanks for sharing.

4. You’re making history-what a rush! I love Austin-enjoy!

5. Have fun with your class. Would love to be there!

6. Shelly says:

Thank you for sharing your experience……and making the rest of us wish we were there! Look forward to more posts from QuiltCon.

7. Gillian says:

It looks amazing. What a place to be and be a part of. I look forward to your blog posts.

8. Lynda M O says:

How wonderful to hear that you are in your happy place, Sherri, you deserve to be happy and this convention is the Place to be this week !~! I look forward to pictures and stories…

9. Felicitad says:

I’m happy too and can’t wait until tomorrow. I’m in beautiful Austin since Sunday night and enjoyed good live music music, nice shops and good food especially from the food trailers. See you on Friday!
    Felicitas