Modern Mood Quilt, Summer 2010

Mod-Mood Quilt, Summer 2010, 60″ x 62″, hand and machine pieced, hand quilted.

Using a mood-color chart created from hand dyed cotton fabric, I chose colors to match my mood at six different intervals over the summer. I used bias cut strips to piece the curved corners. A discovery that I’m looking forward to exploring more fully in the next piece of this series.

Buy it on Etsy. SOLD! OR check out the Mod-Mood Quilt Craft-along tutorial for guidance on how to make your own.

Mod-Mood Quilt, Summer 2010, detail

Mod-Mood Quilt, Summer 2010, detail

Mod-Mood Quilt, Summer 2010, detail

Mod-Mood Quilt, Summer 2010, detail

Mod Mood Quilt ~ My mood on June 9, 2010

Mod Mood Quilt ~ my mood on June 22, 2010

Mood Color Chart

This entry was posted in 2010 Quilts, Color Palettes, Mod Mood Quilt, The Modern Quilt and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Modern Mood Quilt, Summer 2010

1. Pingback: Sherri Lynn Wood’s First Book | Quilting Queerly

2. Pingback: Shard Villa (1872-1874) – interior: ceiling fresco | Ownage Network

3. Pingback: Country Picnic: imogenlovely « Country Picnic « Daily Dolan Geiman

4. Pingback: Mod Mood Quilt Along | daintytime ~ Sherri Lynn Wood

5. Pingback: Reflections + Predictions ~ Kim + Stephen Fraser « Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog

6. Liz says:

Your gorgeous quilt took my breath away and opened my eyes at the same time – quite a remarkable experience! I will be in San Fransisco in February 2012, is there a way I can contact you?

7. Una says:

Your quilt is AMAZING! I love all about it – moodswings(!), curves, quilting. It is fantastic!! I will be studying this for a while… Many warm greetings, Una in Norway

8. Danielle says:

This is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen.

9. Pingback: Mod Mood Quilt Performed | daintytime ~ Sherri Lynn Wood

10. Katrina says:

This is amazing!

11. Amazing, beautiful quilt. Loved watching it come together. Woohoo!

12. Sherri Lynn Wood says:

Post Script – I sold the quilt!

13. Gwen says:

Spectacular, Sherri. And your ‘thanksgiving for the creative process’ is eloquent. Thanks for sharing.

14. hey Sherri, glad to reconnect, see you are still going round in circles!! :)
    yes we were in the class with the amazing artist who proved to be NOT an amazing teacher!
    thanks for your comment on my blog, i’ll go next to your review and hope I come up with something erudite to say!

15. Jill says:

Wow that is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work and your process!

16. Lisa says:

This is such a beautiful quilt, I don’t ever tire of revisiting the photos. GOR-GEOUS! The color/mood graphic is cool, too. Love how you’ve incorporated this little slide show into your blog post. Wish you were located on the east coast. I would love to visit your studio and invite you to my craft room for a cuppa tea.

17. Jan says:

It was so great to open my email and find your newsletter. Ever learning, after 20 minutes I think I have figured out how to “drop by and say hello.” These quilts are beautiful–it makes me sway and smile–what a gift. I looked at the Torah covers and your documentation is exquisite. You have become quite a photographer! I started writing this summer and am part of a weekly group. I am finding it satisfying in the way you speak about doing your art.

18. Kimberj says:

This is, hands down, the most amazing quilt I’ve seen this year!!!! I love it and it will be my next project. Kudos to you Wonder Quilter :) and thanks for sharing.

19. Jessica says:

This is SO beautiful! I am in awe. Just amazing.

20. lindaroo says:

The Mod-Mood Quilt is so beautiful, so evocative! Your hand quilting really enhances the movement and liveliness of the design. It’s fabulous.

21. annelouise says:

just wonderful.

i am a new quilter – teaching myself but in all honesty spending WAY more time looking at and reading about quilts than actually making one – and this is truly beautiful, truly unique and truly inspirational.

i am excited to get into quilting; thank you for sharing your work.

22. Mary Keasler says:

This is truly one of the most original quilts that I have ever seen. It is fantastic.

23. anna says:

i love everything about this quilt… i have been working slowly on a log cabin quilt, making blocks as therapy when i’m having a hard time – it’s made from scraps of print cottons and my stash of colours is rather limited compared to this fabulous spectrum you work from, but still – i love the way a whole range of unconventional colour combinations can come together so harmoniously, so powerfully. your work is so inspirational. thank you for sharing it here….

• Sherri Lynn Wood says:

I think quilt making is great therapy Anna. I know from experience :) You can incorporate the idea of choosing colors based on your moods into any quilt you are working on. Even a log cabin. I learned a lot about color and my moods this way.

24. Alissa says:

Oh it’s really just so wonderful!! Amazing quilt.

Anybody Else?